Saturday, April 26, 2008

The Lighter Side of Life

So.. it was 8:00 pm. Having had a hot cup of my evening coffee at 5:00 watching the sun go down,
my stomach growled at me "You better put something in here, else am gonna pump up the volume".
Now, the moment my brain heard this it tells me to get my ass off the couch and into the kitchen.

My brains been acting a lil weird lately..guess its still not used to seeing the sun go down and 5!!
Keeps on telling me to do this and do that... think about this and think about that.. wouldnt just
shut up. I tried telling my brain, "You just sit there, on top of me doing nothing and now you telling
me to get my ass off the couch". Before i could finish the argument, my stomach growled even louder.

"Alright, Alright...am getting off the couch !!". So i get into the kitchen pondering on what to cook for
dinner... the only thing i find in there.. a can of kidney beans! my brain's happy.. he didnt have to
think much. I need a can-opener. "you left it at Saurav's place".. that was my brain ! Now that wasnt
good news. Its freezing outside.. 3 degree celcius and the winds howling. I have to walk up an entire
apartment block to get there. I try to prepare myself mentally to get into that chill.. think its hot
outside, you wont feel the cold.. "its hot..its hot...its hot". Am back home..my feet are numb & cant
feel my nose either.. my brain knew that. "i kept thinkin.. its hot..its hot..Someone told me its the
thought that counts" .. this my brain tells me!

"If it were truly the thought that counted, more women would be pregnant", i told my brain.
"Well.. atleast now we have the can-opener". So dinner's prepared and had gobbled up.

"Burp"
"You are welcome" i tell my stomach.

My ass is back on the counch and my brain is watching the television...Friends. Ross and Racheal
have broken up. Ross is half-seeing someone else.. Racheal gets mad..cant see it. Ross comes over to
meet Monica. She's out with Chandler. Ross and Racheal start fighting...gets high pitched... Ross
goes over and kisses Racheal.. takes her to bed and have the best sex ever. Next morning they are in love
all over again.

Love.. hmmmm !
"Love is a complicated machine... sometimes all you need is a good screw to fix it".. Out of nowhere
my brain tells me he has read that somewhere. I manage a smile.. "Thanks for the thought..made me smile"..
i tell him.So now i start thinking about what my brain just told me "Do i need love or do i need a screw?.
Or is it that there wont be a screw without love.. how can there be a machine without a screw? On the other hand,
you need a screw to build the machine.. eh ??" I was jus gonna ask my brain the answer to my dilema when i
realized a fart was about to sneak out of my ass. Damn the kidney beans! Instinctively, i tried to stop it.. its
considered impolite to fart. My brain knew exactly what i did...it tried telling me.. "let it go.. let it go".
"But so many years of parenting and culture told me not to do so" i told my brain...

Calmy my brain says " Its important that u fart, else it travels up the spine into the brain,n thats where the
shity ideas come from! .. "i read that somewhere" he adds. Continuing "So if u dont want me to be clogged with
that gas that forces me to come up with shity ideas and get you into trouble.. you better let it go"
I couldnt argue...i let it go ! It did feel good...

I ask my brain.. "How the hell do you remember what i have read where ? I mean.. what all have you got up
there inside you ?"
"Jimmy boy, dont i remember things that u study n learn.. that help you work and has made u smart character.
So, i concentrate 100% when you working and thats why u can get ur work done so fast. Then u've got time
and i tell you to go pick a book our browse the internet and help me find something nice to read."

I say "ya well.. you are right! So you got any thoughts or something u read somewhere that you still
stuck on?"

My brain thinks for a few moments and then tells me "I wonder why a gynecologist leaves the room when
women get undressed?"

"Thats a tough one!"

.. and both of us are quiet..back to the television.

No comments: