Wednesday, September 10, 2008

"I don't" or "I quit"




The last time i lit up one of these was 365 days back. Does it feel
good or does it feel good!! I read somewhere, A cigarette is nothing
but a roll of paper filled with poison with fire on one end and a fool on the
other. I cant agree more..This wasnt the only time i tried quitting,
i've tried a whole lot of times, like most other smokers do, and failed
miserably. The longest i had been without a smoke was 32 days, and then puff !!

1 year back..

I was at work, mid-afternoon coffee break. Took a cup of coffee and went
to the smoking zone. Pulled a smoke out of the pack, and lit it up. Drew it
in.. and then.. then something happened. I just didnt like the taste of it.
I didnt like the smell of it.. i took another drag, still the same..
"ewwwwww.. y is this tasting so bad today!!"

I thought for a moment, and stubbed it out.

"I'll have another later, may be i am thinking too much about work right now"

Finished my coffee, went back to work.

2 hours later..

Came to the smoking zone, lit one up.
"God damned!! again ???" i thought it must be a bad pack of smokes or something.
Borrowed one from my friend, lit that one up. Took a drag.. i just didnt feel
like smoking.. threw that one too.

1 hour later ...
Reached home, was in my balcony, lit up one more. One drag, threw it out.
I just couldnt take it in.. i couldnt stand the taste.. so much so, i brushed !!


Later, that night i lit up twice, both the times 1 drag and threw it away.
I wasted 5 cigarettes that day..


Today...
I am glad i did waste those 5 cigarettes, i never picked up one since !!


When i think of it today, i say i am lucky, lucky cuz i wasnt desperate for that
one drag, lucky cuz i didnt have to try quitting.. I just quit ! I didnt have to
try too hard .. and surprisingly not once in the past 365 days, have i had the
urge to smoke.. even when my friends smoked in front of me.

Passive smoke bothers me now! Would you believe it.. this is how it ended for me !

Its easy to quit smoking, I did it !

When ppl ask me "Do you smoke?"

I say:
A. I dont.
B. I quit.

A or B ?

No comments: